A selectively-colored cadastral field sketch (feldskizzen) map of the center of Sołotwina (Солотвин, Solotvyn, Solotwina, Zolotvina), from an initial survey of 1848. This early-state map is understandably rough, but the surveyor drew the town center at double scale to capture essential details of the dense complex of buildings in and surrounding the market square. On this portion of the complete cadastral map, one can see that the building stock was mostly wooden (yellow buildings) but the large synagogue, the central market hall, and several other buildings were stone or brick (in red). Buildings and parcels are numbered, and many property owners' names are written on parcels all across this map. This historic paper map is preserved by the Central State Historical Archives of Ukraine in Lviv (TsDIAL).