A black-and-white simplified general plan of the fortress and city of Przemyśl (Перемишль, Pshemishl, פשעמישל) as it appeared in the second half of the 17th century, according to a monograph on the city by Leopold Hauser published by the Jeleniów Brothers Bookstore in 1883. In that era most of the town was inside the walls. The map, which is oriented north down, includes numbered features of civil and religious community significance keyed to a legend on the reverse side (shown below the map in this view). Major streets are named, including two acknowledging the center of the Jewish community, and the historic Great Synagogue is shown at number 28. This historic paper map is preserved by the Polish National Library and digitized by Polona.