A general plan of Czernowitz (Чернівці́, Chernivtsi, Cernăuți, Czerniowce), largest city in the Duchy of Bukovina, from around 1910. The map was created by the Czernowitz engineer and cartographer Ludwig West and printed in Vienna by the (still operating) Verlag Ed. Hölzel. In addition to street and square names (with an index), parks, rail lines, and waterways, the map outlines hundreds of individual buildings with addresses, and a detailed index of more than a hundred major buildings and sites in the city. Indexed and/or labeled on the map are synagogues and churches, baths, cemeteries (including two Jewish), hospitals, hotels, schools, military and administrative facilities, and industrial and cultural centers. The original paper document is in the extensive map collection of Harrie Teunissen and John Steegh.