A military planning map in black and white from ca. 1836 depicting Stanisławów (Stanislau, Ivano-Frankivsk, Івано-Франківськ) and smaller towns in the area (most of which are now suburbs) to about 10km from the city center. Labeled "a study of the landscape around Stanisławów which may be suitable for concentrated troop weapons exercises", the map highlights slopes in the terrain as well as settlements and roads which may influence the selection of artillery and rifle ranges. This map is stylistically similar to the first military survey of Galicia and Lodomeria (1779-1783). Note this map is oriented with north to the lower right. This historic paper map is preserved and digitized by the Austrian State Archive; digital copy sourced by Andrew Zalewski.