A full-color multi-purpose map of the Second Republic of Poland, made by the German Reich in 1939 from a Polish original. Notations printed outside the map (Special Edition! and For internal use only!) suggest this map was made in advance of the 1 September invasion of Poland. Place names are in Polish only (including Lwów), but the title is in German and the detailed legend is in both Polish and German. This second edition (adding forest coverage) includes administrative boundaries, towns ranked in six sizes, four kinds of railways and three kinds of roads, terrain elevations and ocean depths, airports, radio stations, and many other details. Single image sourced by Jay Osborn from the Polona Digital Library (an initiative of the National Library of Poland).