A single-color lithographed map of Galicia designed as a reference for contemporary news accounts of WWI from the perspective of the Russian Empire in 1915. At the time this map was printed, Galicia had figured prominently in the first year of the war; ongoing hostilities would make this map relevant for years. The map depicts many Galician cities and towns, highlighting transportation networks plus key rivers and bridges. Natural defensive lines such as the Carpathian mountains are also indicated, as well as man-made defenses such as the Przemyśl fortress (which traded hands twice in 1915); see the legend. Published as a free supplement for subscribers of the Russian-language newspaper "Siberian Life". Original copy of this map preserved by the National Library of Russia in Saint Petersburg; digital copy sourced by Tony Kahane.