A black-ink administrative map of the Kingdom of Galicia, with colored borders indicating the boundaries of kreise in East and West Galicia, created by Carl Ferdinand Weiland and published by the Geographical Institute in Weimar in 1849. Settlements in six size categories from villages to cities are labeled and differentiated by label type. Three distance scales are included, along with a brief lexicon and pronunciation guide from German to Hungarian and Polish. Selected features such as castles, monasteries, and universities are shown, and key roads and rivers are traced. Original copy of the map from the National Library of Poland; digital copy sourced by Areta Kovalska for Forgotten Galicia from the Polona Digital Library.