A two-color political map of East and West Galicia, made in Germany in 1810. The map implies the two Galicias were related, even though Austria gave West Galicia to the Duchy of Warsaw in 1809 (in the Peace of Vienna mentioned in the title block). The same treaty gave the district of Tarnopol to the Russian Empire, depicted correctly on the map. Drawn by G. R. von Schmidburg in Weimar from geographic data updated by the new Gotha observatory, and published by the Geographical Institute, the map depicts hundreds of towns and cities in both Galicias, connected by major roads, with a small number of geographic features such as mountain ranges and forests. Original copy of this map preserved by the National Library of Russia in Saint Petersburg; digital copy sourced by Tony Kahane.