A full-color cadastral map of the entire village and surrounding fields of Szechynie (Шегині, Shehyni, Szeginie), surveyed in 1852 and lithographed in 1854. This is a complete final-state property map showing land and building parcel numbers. Szechynie's position on the road and rail routes between Lemberg and Przemyśl would elevate its importance during and after WWI; even in 1852 the most prominent buildings in town served the Habsburg administration and commercial travelers on the main roadway. Since shortly after WWII, Shehyni has served as a border checkpoint in Ukraine, facing Medyka on the opposite side in Poland. Images for this map were provided to Gesher Galicia by the Archiwum Państwowe w Przemyślu.