A rough field sketch made during an 1845 land survey for a future cadastral map of Świrz (Свірж, Svirzh). Shown here are six sheets covering the village center (upper image) plus three sheets drawn at high scale covering the market area and the 15th-century castle which still stands just east of the village reservoir (lower image). Buildings around the market square are annotated with house numbers; elsewhere on the map the numbering is scarce. Features visible on this map include a church near the castle, a Christian cemetery, and – unusual for a village – two Jewish cemeteries. This historic paper map is preserved by the Central State Historical Archives of Ukraine in Lviv (TsDIAL).