Full-color cadastral map of the center of the town of Sokal (Сокаль, Sokal’, Sikal, Skol, Skul), surveyed and lithographed in 1854, with redline revisions for a later edition. The town developed on both sides of the meandering Bug River; by 1854, scattered suburbs had attached to the dense main town. Buildings and land parcels are clearly numbered. The map also labels a large monastery and several churches, a large synagogue, Jewish and Catholic cemeteries located away from the river, and several named streets (unusual for an early map). Other features include a small market square, road development, and a ferry, plus extensive water drainage and irrigation (probably already centuries old when this map was made). This historic paper map is preserved by the Central State Historical Archives of Ukraine in Lviv (TsDIAL).