A complete full-color lithographed cadastral map of the town of Podgórze (Podgorza, Josefstadt, Podgorze), surveyed in 1847 and lithographed in 1849. Although dominated by its much larger neighbor city of Kraków across the Wisła River, at the time this map was made Podgórze was a separate town under Austrian rule. On this carefully-made map, parcels and houses are all clearly numbered, and many features shown are still visible today. The residential area centers near the river but also sprawls along a main road looping through town. Key features shown include the ancient Krakus Mound, the large Karl's Bridge, two churches and a Catholic cemetery; important Jewish sites would appear 30 years later. Images for this map were provided by the Archiwum Narodowe w Krakowie.