A full-color, lithographed cadastral map of the town of Bochnia (known as Salzberg in the German language of the Habsburg Empire), based on a land survey of 1847 and printed two years later. Bochnia is a small town not far from Kraków, famous for its centuries-old salt mine which was much prized in Galicia. Unfortunately the map sheet covering the northern part of the town center is missing in the archive record, and with it most of the surface buildings of the salt works, but visible on the surviving sheets are numerous masonry buildings and a large cattle market. Several streets still bear the the same names (now in Polish in place of German) more than 150 years later. This historic paper map is preserved by the Archiwum Narodowe w Krakowie.